Friday, May 1, 2015

If God believes in us, we need to believe in Him

Nikki's email from April 13th!

"tulips!"

"yummy icecream :)"

"flowers!"

"Sister Faa and Elder Ames! We served in Zoetermeer together"







Hey Everybody! 

This week was great--we had temple conference, which was wonderful. We went to the temple in the morning, which was so amazing--I love feeling the spirit in the temple. Afterwards, we had lunch and went to Keukenhof--it was so beautiful! I'll send lots of pictures.

We worked with the sisters in Gent this past week--I got to spend the day with Sister Fleming! It was great. We met with a lot of women from Africa, and I tried African food for the first time! It was fun--it was so great to work with Sister Fleming. There was one woman we met with that day who was talking about her faith, and she said that because God believes in her, she believes in Him. I love how simply and beautifully people express their testimonies. That is one of my favorite things about my mission is seeing and hearing people express their beliefs, and helping them develop and strengthen their testimonies. Seeing people grow and change--that is such a privilege to see.

We had the most unique Easter program yesterday---it was kind of hilarious. The young adults organized the program, and they asked us to sing with them. We sang songs from Joseph Prince of Egypt...and the English Sunday School (mostly families from Africa) did a musical number and totally turned it into a gospel music thing. They clapped an everything. It was hilarious/awesome.

Sorry this isn't  too long, we have a bit of a busy day planned today. I love it here and I am so grateful for the relationships I am making and the experiences we are having here. Sister Young is being transferred and Sister Whittington (my MTC companion) is coming here to Antwerpen--it'll be great! I will miss Sister Young a lot, she's a dear friend.

I love you all!
Zuster Thomas




No comments:

Post a Comment