Sunday, December 7, 2014

It's about the people

Here is Nikki's email from November 24th!
"Me in Belgium"

"WOUTER!!!!!"
"it was a double doopdienst-the Elders in our ward's investigator Michael also got baptized. I said the closing prayer by the way--the talks were so good and everything went well!!"

"The Romigs--they had our district over for Thanksgiving today! They come to every district meeting--I met them in the MTC! They're amazing"


Hey everyone! Sorry I didn't email earlier--we had turkey bowl today in Den Haag--we played football and had a lot of fun--then the Senior couple had us over for a Thanksgiving dinner--it was so nice! But it took a while to get back--we biked like crazy to get to the church to email before our appointment tonight. 

Well, first of all, Wouter is baptized!!!!!!!! It was such an amazing experience. I seriously can't remember feeling so happy. He was a little nervous because there were a lot of people who showed up, so he said to me "you're going to stay close by me, right?" Also, the other day when we had an appointment with him, I was asking about his cows and if he had a favorite cow, and somehow he ended up calling me his favorite cow--it was really funny--anyways, he said "and I get to sit next to my favorite cow!" He is so sweet, and my heart is still so full. 

The rest of the week was crazy, hard, and a growing experience. It was my first week taking over the city with my mini missionary, and it's been really exhausting and hard. But I've relied a TON on prayer and the spiritual promptings that I've received. God really loves us. 

I got to go to Belgium again this past week to get my visa--I got to see Sister Watts and Whittington and it was great. I had to go to Gouda afterwards to pick up Heidi (Sister Westland) and while we were waiting for sister Westland and Sister Whittington's companion to be done with an appointment, we got a fresh Goudse stroopwafel--SO GOOD. Gouda is really cute.

Well, I'm gonna start sending pictures now, but I love you all and I am so thankful for you all. I'm learning each day how real the gospel is, how true the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is, and how important each person is in the eyes of God.

LOVE YOU ALL
Zuster Thomas

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nikki,

    Sounds like you are doing fabulously! BTW, I am friends with the Romig's daughter Angie! I am glad you know them.

    XOXO cousin Amy

    ReplyDelete