Monday, December 29, 2014

He is the Gift

Nikki's letter from December 22!

"I saw Michelle and Yarina at the concert last night!!!! I taught Michelle in Almere"

"I may have opened my christmas package....THANK YOU!!!! I haven't opened anything yet, but it was perfect!!!!"



Hey everyone!
I'm so excited to skype with you this week! I don't have much time to email today, so I'll try to get as much as I can.

First of all, is it better to do google hangout? There will be two other missionaries skyping at the same house as me on Christmas, and I don't know my skype username info, but I'm pretty sure I know my gmail username things...or if you could create a skype username and email me the info that would work too.

So..first of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEATHER! I'll be able to wish you a happy birthday via skype, but either way, I hope you have a great day and get spoiled :)

Well, it's been an interesting week--it's all turned out well though! We had a couple of great lessons with Wouter--we talked about trials and why we go through them and what we can learn from them. We also watched Joy to the World with him--it's such a beautiful film, he loved it and is going to show his nieces and nephews. We also showed him familysearch.org yesterday and Sister Faa accidentally made one of his ancestors part of her family tree...haha, it was pretty funny.

Sister Faa is awesome--I love being her companion. We have fun together and work hard together.

We set a baptismal date with Angela! She was so excited--she's been ready for this for so long, but she took the leap of faith and is hoping that she'll feel ready for January 10th. I just love her a ton--she just couldn't stop smiling during our whole lesson with her. She has such a beautiful way of expressing her beliefs.

I've been pretty sick this past week, but I've been getting through it alright--whenever I go to teach a lesson or meet with members, etc., it's almost like I forget that I'm sick--Heavenly Father has been really helping me to do His work.

There were some fun Christmas activities this past week--yesterday was the stake concert and I ended up singing three songs--What Child is This, Far Far Away in Judea's planes and Savior Redeemer--they all went well and the rest of the program was beautiful. I loved singing with all of the people here that I love so much. Music brings a special spirit with it, and it was just a really wonderful night.

I am so grateful for this time of year--Christmas is my favorite holiday--I love the special spirit of Christmas, and I love sharing the wonderful truth that Christ came to earth, that He lived, suffered and died for us, and that He lives. I know that He loves us, and I know that He understands us and can heal us.

I love you all! Merry Christmas
Zuster Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment